Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Small Start

Having pledged a regiment of 28mm ECW troops for a local campaign, I began the recruiting today. This is the smallest figure that I've sculpted so far. (by a head, the only other figure smaller than 40mm was a 30mm 1740's Cie Franche de la marine recruited into Alexander Keith's Regt.)

The other figure on the pedastal is a Hat 28mm plastic Voltigeur. The figure at the foot is one of my 40mm glossy toy soldiers, my usual sculpting size  and a good example of why I need to start using my vulcanizer and spin caster.

The plan at the moment, is to work a little more on the nude dolly and then drop cast it. The castings will then be modified and dressed as pikemen, musketeers and command and then spincast to produce my regiment.  Keith's at left was dropcast entirely and officers and artillery etc converted from the infantry castings (about 60 in total).

2 comments:

  1. Nice start! It's always cool to see other gamers sculpting their own minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, Ross. Like Fitz-Badger, I salute your sculpting your own figures . . . and I admit that I wouldn't be able to come close to your skills in that area.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete