Sunday, August 11, 2013

Test shot

Having given up all hope of my camera ever reappearing, I decided to try out the camera on a damaged Samsung smartphone that I do happen to have, and which has a macro feature.
Samsung with Macro but no cropping feature, using flourescent white balance setting.

Alcatel, cropping feature but no macro, using flourescent white balance setting. 


The colour on the Alcatel is closer but definitely not as sharp. Well, I had wondered what to do with the broken phone.



4 comments:

  1. Whatever did we do before mobile phones!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go with the Samsung phone and color correct on the computer if you must. The only benefit I see of the Alcatel is if you want it to look more like a watercolor. Though actually for a Prince Valiant inspired campaign the artsy approach might be something to consider? See how I just talked myself into it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, the colour on the Samsung looked Ok on the phone, it wasn't until I uploaded to blogger that it faded. Even odder, when I tried uploading to picassa for editing, the colour was ok. Anyway, the Alcatel seems fine for over views but I'll be making the Samsung my close up and dedicated wargame camera.

      Delete