Sunday, March 2, 2014

Where did the week go?

Last week's game at my Gathering of Hosts blog.

Its not often that I go a week between posts but last week my hobby time was spent largely on my medieval/fantasy campaign, something I expect to occupy a big chunk of my time this year. Not that my expectations seem to have much to do with what actually happens.

I'm also contemplating a larger role for my home cast 18th C NQSYW collection in light of the new range of SYW figures from Prince August.

Then there is the Atlantica toy soldier collection to work on. The idea being to have smallish 'armies'  at 25 year intervals, (1812/1837/1862/1887/1912) all in the same style so that figures can be borrowed from adjacent intervals and the whole will be able to draw from 1 collection of terrain and accessories but which will allow me to paint a wider variety of uniform styles.

I also have an itch to get a largish (for me) 1/72 ACW game sorted out and on the table, something to balance the usual quick games.

Not to mention about 500 25mm ancient and 40mm AWI and 1812 figures to organize and sell.

Lots to do over the next months.


10 comments:

  1. Some impressive looking knights there old chap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work
    congratulations for 200 followers !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds very promising. I particularly like the sound of the Atlantica 25-year-jump idea, which looks like a potentially very workable rationalisation of period-hopping :-)

    I find selling stuff very time-consuming and wish you good fortune with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 25 yr thing is essentially an official acknowledgement of actual practice. For a while I focused in looking for ways to make each sub period different but mixing and matching is more practical and is rather traditional for toy soldiers.

      I also find selling figures time consuming, its also expensive since I nearly always end up selling at a loss but I need both physical and mental/emotional space.

      Delete
  4. Interesting plans for you and much to look forward to for your readers also.
    Crossbowmen look great in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was very pleased with the performance of the Black Company, it'll be good for the long term storyline

      Delete
  5. .....And congratulations on reaching your 200th follower!

    Best wishes, Brian

    ReplyDelete