Thursday, July 16, 2015

Still Coming!

Having spent the last week on Gathering of Hosts stuff including a 1540's Anglo French clash (not yet blogged) following hard on the fantasy game, I have now returned to the early 20th Century.

Since it'll take a while to get the Oerberg campaign forces ready, no molds being available yet, I am falling back on the 1914 stuff for the contemporary Great Atlantican War. Indeed I'm sure a little research will show that Oberhilse's support for Oerhilse was the spark that set off  the Great War.

Before I get a game in, possibly on Sunday,  I have been fine tuning the rules and confirming that the look and feel is what I want. All small stuff, for example my original Great War units were 2 x 4 infantry or 1x3, later 2x2 cavalry. When I put the figures onto trial bases I only put 3 because 4 looked a little crowded for open order troops. The idea was to increase all the units from 2x4  to 3 or 4x3. Its not going to happen. Luckily having done a few  the 4 looks ok to me now. I just need to cut a big stack of bases, once I buy a finer tooth, sharp, blade for my table saw.

So, its coming! or something is coming!
Speaking of which at least the winter firewood is almost all stacked! More free time and energy coming soon.

Meanwhile, who's for a cold beer to go with all these sunny 30 degree days? (celsius)

No comments:

Post a Comment