Saturday, October 24, 2015

Right question, wrong answer

OK I'm back after a hectic week. This evening I tried replaying last game but using the Tin Army with ACW regiments. It felt wrong,  and was over waaay too soon to make it worth deploying 102 stands of miniatures when I could have played exactly the same game with 10 stands.

After a bit of thought I remembered that I used to let HofT units share hits amongst stands and only once every stand had 1 less hit than the maximum did I start removing stands as more hits came in. Its a small step to go back to that but make it simpler by just tracking up to 12 hits per average unit and then removing the whole unit.  Problem solved.

As long as I was tinkering and since I want to restore some ability to recover but  DO NOT want to go back to infinite rallying, I inserted my usual version of Grant's old rule of merging two half strength units. One unit comes off and counts as lost for army morale while the other is restored to full strength.

I should test this but its time for something different. What? Not sure yet, there is a backlog of games to be played but after most of a week away, it'll be a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment