EXERT FROM APPENDIX 1 from Don Featherstone's Battles With Model Soldiers
(The book that got me started.)

"Nothing in these pages is a dictate, no word says you must or you shall do it this way. On the contrary, the book sets out from the very beginning to stimulate the reader to think for himself, and to use what he has read merely as a foundation for efforts and ideas which reflect his own temperament and character. Only in this way will he obtain maximum satisfaction from the hobby of battling with model soldiers."

-Don Featherstone 1918 - 2013

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Battle in the Cornfield

Happy July 4 to my friends and neighbours who live South  of the Border.
Waves of Yankees attacking through a cornfield
OK, sorry folks, this is fake news.

I was tempted  but  the danger that I would  squish the Squash etc behind  me was too great. One of these days  though, I 'll go outside on some freshly mown grass, get down on my knees and play.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you from the former colonies. The heavy firing of the artillery shells (fireworks) just died down, and now I only hear the occasional shell exploding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fake news but stunning picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ross. You bought along the Union troops for 4th July - I bought along the Airfix Confederates (at the end of my 4th July post) at https://manoftinblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/dutchy-and-dade-the-confederate-history-of-forgotten-georgia/
    Lovely classic figures all. Best wishes Mark, Man of TIN

    ReplyDelete